Church Web Strategies is currently one person, Stephen Morrissey. I am a web geek living in Pittsburgh, PA. I re-started my journey in faith in the spring of 2010, and was moved to apply my knowledge of the web for furthering the Kingdom of God via this blog.
If you find this blog useful, please contact me as I would love to connect with my audience.
The Specialized Generalist
Regardless of where I was at in my career, I have enjoyed making websites. My web design & development experience started in the fall of 1996, and has never stopped. I stay up to date with web-related blogs & podcasts, and then utilize that knowledge to further God’s Kingdom and spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For more details, you can view my résumé on my website. In addition, you can check out my two-part podcast on my professional and faith journeys.
A Brief History
- 1996: Started learning HTML and Photoshop
- 2000: Graduated from college & commissioned in the US Air Force
- 2000: Member of a traveling network enhancement team
- 2003: Software development project manager
- 2005: Air Force ROTC instructor
- 2007: Separated from the Air Force
- 2007: Civilian project manager for UX team in Pittsburgh
- 2009: Moved into freelance web development
- 2011: Started anew as an Information Architect / Business Analyst
- 2013: Delved deeper into the world of User Experience
- Spending some time with my awesome family
- Watching Pittsburgh Steelers football games
- Listening to all genres of music
- Getting a little bit of exercise
Three not-so-random facts:
- 7 year veteran of the US Air Force
- 4th degree black belt in Shotokan karate
- Active member of North Way Christian Community